Saturday, October 30, 2010

Water parameters unmoved

I'm a little puzzled... after more than a week of daily dosing Mg and a few doses of Ca (separated by 12h) there has been no move in concentrations... Ca still at 350ppm and Mg still at 875ppm.

I've seen some whiteish powder-like deposit in the sump, maybe the Mg has not dissolved but rather precipitated in association with something else?

Anyway, I just mixed new SW, will measure it's Ca and Mg tomorrow to see if it's at least close to Ca 420ppm and Mg 1280ppm.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

2 comments:

  1. RCSnorkeler,

    Just as a suggestion, maybe you could take a sample of your water to your local shop and have them test the Ca and Mg parameters for you. There is a slight chance that maybe your test kit is not performing accordingly. Compare their results with your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Dwight, I thought about that but was able to confirm that my Mg test kit is off using a sample of water at 1300ppm that came with it for checking purposes. It tested at 1125, so, kit is bad and I need to get a new one....

    ReplyDelete