Sunday, November 7, 2010

No more siphons: SW mixing containter now has a faucet

Yesterday we got busy eliminating the "last reason" to use siphons during water changes: our new saltwater mixing container didn't have a faucet.  Now it does!

Thew whole point of this is with a faucet I can fill up my plastic jerricans by just opening the faucet.... no hoses, no siphons.  No spilling water on the floor, no running freshwater in the hose to clean it afterwards.  Less of a mess, quicker turn around time.


I drilled a hole into the Rubbermaid container we use to mix water and installed a simple PVC faucet.  Here is my kid testing it (we filled the container to the top to see if it leaked):



And here is it in the "saltwater mixing room":



Maybe I'm a little bit paranoid with efficiency, of getting things done in the quickest way possible.  :-)  But I like it.

Snorkeler

No comments:

Post a Comment