Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nitrates reached zero!

Finally NO3 reached zero.  Will maintain vodka at current levels now (2.5ml/day), while I work on Mg and PO4.

PO4 (phosfates) continue high at 0.5ppm.  I might decide to start the PhosGuard soon, not sure yet but thinking about it.

Mg, Ca and Alkalinity took an interesting turn.  I stopped adding Alk buffer when Ca was high (600ppm) and I started dosing Mg buffer.  Alk remained at 7dKH and Ca gradually fell, while Mg was increasing.  Well, this week Mg grew almost nothing (from 987 to 1000ppm) whilst Ca decreased to 450ppm (in range!) and Alk fell to 6dKH.

So I decided to return to daily Alk buffering but I'll do it at night, so it doesn't colide with the Mg buffering done in the morning.  Once Mg levels stabilize I guess Mg and Alk buffering will reduce to once a week for basic maintenance.

Trumpets continue to shrink, Acan and Hammer are suffering but surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment