Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pierre the shrimp has arrived

That's right, we now have a shrimp.... it is a Peppermint shrimp, bought in the hope he will eat all those aiptasias. I named him Pierre because for some unknown reason shrimp reminds me of French. Must be something from my childhood....



Posted by Picasa(click for a very large picture)

Pierre arrived on Saturday, when I also executed a partial water change of 40L, with the help of my friend Marco.  Water tests of water before the change and after curiously showed extremely low nitrates... 10 ppm before the change and 5 ppm after.  Must say I'm intrigued.... Maybe it is the deep crushed coral substrate that is super dimensioned for the current bioload of the tank... who knows.  Will follow this parameter closely in the following weeks.

Also, two Scypha sponges appeared out of nowhere recently.  They must have come as spores with the corals, found a place after a while and grown.  No pictures of them yet, will post once I get a good shot.  They are hard to shoot, one is in a difficult to see location and the other is still too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment